Sleep hygiene is a different practices and habits (behavioural and environmental practice) to promote the better quality of sleep and full daytime alertness.
The importance of sleep hygiene: A good sleep is important for both physical and mental health. A good sleep can improve quality and productivity of life.
Rules to improve sleep hygiene:
- Limiting daytime naps to 30 minutes or DO NOT NAP.
- Avoid stimulants (caffeine, nicotine) near bedtime (4-5 hours before).
- Evening exercise to promote good quality sleep (10 to 15 minute of cardiac exercises).
- Take light food during dinner and a glass of warm milk during bedtime.
- Making sure that sleep environment is pleasant.
- Repeat all steps regular to establish a relaxing bedtime routine.